- 8 ounces guanciale or bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 box of our Asparagus Ravioli
- ¼ cup finely grated pecorino Romano
- Cook the guanciale or bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until deeply golden (adjust the heat as necessary to render the fat without burning the meat). The meaty parts should be browned and the fatty parts should be cooked but still slightly transparent. This will take 15 to 20 minutes. When it’s done, add the black pepper and turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, put a pot of salted water on to boil. When the water boils, cook the ravioli for 8 – 10 minutes at a low boil.
- When the guanciale or bacon has cooled a bit, and while the pasta is cooking, add 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water to the pan, turn the heat to high and reduce by about half.
- Take off the heat add the pecorino and stir the sauce until all the cheese has combined with the sauce.
- When the pasta is ready, transfer it to a large bowl or individual plates and spoon the sauce over the ravioli.